I don't know if God is trying to tell me something, but for some reason Haiti keeps being brought up in my life. Honestly a month ago Haiti was just another poor little country to me. I didn't even pay too much attention when the hurricanes hit it. Now, I can't seem to go through my day without seeing or hearing something about Haiti.
Today I learned that AB*'s makeover show built a house for a family who adopted 5 boys from Haiti. You can see the whole show on their website. Just a warning though, five minutes into it and Russ was in tears.
Also today my yahoo page had an article of the devastating conditions in the remote villages of Haiti. Their crops and livestock were devastated from the storms and hundreds of kids are dying of starvation.
What do I do?
3 comments:
Ok Les, you are to:
1. Help us get Merilda
2. Go with us to Haiti to get Merilda
3. Help me with medical type care while we are there
4. Go each year with us and we'll help spread the word to get orphans out of there
5. Continue being the tremendous friend that you are to me.
Thank you Leslie. This Thanksgiving God has given us the blessing of the Cryer Clan.
Love ya,
Ronda
Go and get yourself a kid...I'll go with you!!!
I have had a heart to adopt...forever. I especially want to adopt after following your journey. Please pray that God will give us the "tools" we need to realize adoption in our own family-it will truly be a miracle.
I was reading about adoption in Haiti, there were government limits as to the number of children a family already has. Let us know what you learn!
Rachelle
Post a Comment