This week the kids found a toad in the backyard and were soooo excited to have a "pet" to take care of. They got a 5 gallon bucket from the garage, filled it with some large rocks, water, sticks and grass. Once they had a home for the toad they decided on the responsibilities (which would rotate they said... of course!). Hud would be the first to feed it and Han was going to love it and pet it. After getting all of that settled they needed to come up with a name. Han used her best argument to convince Hud that she should get to name it, and he consented. Now before I go any further, I should say that if you haven't ever seen a toad, they are UGLY!! This one was yellowish with brown and lots of warty bumps on the back. I touched it once and got the willies!! So Han decides to name the toad, Thumbelina!! You're probably thinking what I immediately thought, "Not what I would have named an ugly amphibian, but o.k." Later that afternoon, Han tells me, "I've changed my mind. I'm not going to call the frog Thumbelina. She doesn't really look like a Thumbelina." To which I responded, "Well, what are you going to name it?"
"I'm going to call her, Diamond!!!"
4 comments:
...in the rough?
(Pat suggested Joe Nathan, short for jonathan!)
Hahha!!
laughed out loud!
"Joe Nathan, short for Jonathan" is meaningful only for close family members.
Tell Hannah to kiss it.....
Post a Comment