Hud and his friend A.J. keeping the girls safe!
This is a combo post... a few pics of Hud in his usual knightly state and a few tips on having a garage sale. I've had a few garage sales before and usually came away wondering if it was worth all the work. This year it definitely was... I made almost $800!! I didn't really have any big items either. One thing I did in the past was price things at about what I would pay for something at a garage sale. But, when I had tons of comments from customers about how great my prices were, I knew that I had under priced. So, this year I priced things quite a bit higher than what I would pay expecting the usual bargaining from most people. The surprising thing this year was that people were just paying the higher prices and not asking for less. Another thing that is really important in our town is having plenty of signs. Most people who see a sale sign expect to be able to follow signs right to your door, so make sure they can from every spot you put one. I don't know how helpful this was, but we advertised for free on CraiG's list. Here where we live, the sales are Thurs-Sat. Thurs is usually your best day. On Saturday we said put on our signs that everything was 1/2 off (except for one table that we said we'd come down on, but not all the way).
When I'm the one out garage saling, I don't hesitate to bargain with people they'll usually let you have it for what you ask. I usually ask about 20%-30% off... if it says $8, I'll ask if they'll take $5. If I am buying a lot of items, I'll wait for the total then ask some off the total. If you come upon one that is priced really low, just pay the full prices!!!
Have fun!! We've gotten some great things this year.




No comments:
Post a Comment