The other night I told Han that I'd like for her to empty the dishwasher before bed. (This is a chore she started a few months ago. The first time she did it she told me she "loved this job and could it be her job forever!?" yea right, that didn't last) Any way, she wasn't too excited about having to yet again unload this night. So she walks down the hallway to where Russ and I were and hollers, "Word on the street is, I don't do dishes at night!!!!" I have no idea where she heard that phrase... on the street I guess!!! Russ promptly replied, "Word at our house is, YOU DO!!!"
We walked out of Hob Lob the other afternoon to a rush of heat and humidity. Han says, "Whew, I'm sweating unduh my gills!!" Guess she heard that one in the ocean.
She told me yesterday that she was the "cutest girl in the world." I'm a little scared about that one... any advice on helping your children have a healthy self-confidence that doesn't get out of hand? Seriously, I'd be open to suggestions. I didn't know what to say right away. Later I thought a good response might have been, "There are lots of cute girls in the world and you're definitely one of them."
3 comments:
sounds like a good response! you've got it covered!
PERFECT response, Les.
Keep emphasizing inner beauty but allowing self-adornment in moderation. (I guess I act like I know what I'm talking about due to my fam "issues")
I think she must have learned some new phrases during her stay with Grandma...as far as the other question...can't take the cuteness out, but you can mask it with head gear, tuba lessons, and computer programming classes!!!
Post a Comment