
A few weeks ago a couple of my girlfriends were talking about how they feel their generation was skipped when it came to learning how to sew.
Sew I was thinking (ha ha), maybe I could offer a little class one evening. I just saw this cute little tutorial about how to make a ruffled skirt for a little girl. You would learn how to cut out a pattern, sew on a machine, make ruffles, make a casing for an elastic waistband and hem.
There are a few details we'd need to figure out, like coming up with enough sewing machines.
Since I'm trying to use my crafty energies to raise money for my friend whose adopting from Ethiopia, I'd probably charge $15 for the evening. You would bring your own fabric and thread, but that cost would be minimal as you'd probably only need 1/4 yard each of two coordinating fabrics.
Sew, if you're interested, leave me a comment. I'd like to have 8-10 people for a class. If you in, maybe you could recruit a friend!
6 comments:
I'd sew be in if I lived closer! Fun idea--i'm really wanting to start sewing more, but never know what to make. Keep posting ideas--maybe someday I'll actually do one!
I would come even though I already know how to sew and don't have a little girl to sew for. Just sounds fun!
Les,
I'm in! You're so awesome! I've mentioned that before, right?
LOVE you and all your crafts.
I think it sounds fun and would be interested. You always make such cute stuff!
Amy Buhrman
Are you in the Newton area? I'd love to learn to sew. I would be very interested.
Sarah Livesay
If you need a machine, I have one you can use!!! Jackie
Post a Comment