My Cute Kids

My Cute Kids

Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Hippity Hoppity

Easter's on it's way!! I've been doing some fun new Easter crafts.

I am very excited to have inherited this buffet from my parents! It has taken the place of a tall book shelf that was becoming a catch all for the kids and always looked like a mess. I plan to paint it soon and give it a whole new look.
Here's a mirror I found at Big Lots. The price tag said $30 which I thought was a great deal for a beveled mirror with nice frame. It had a few nicks and scratches on it so I asked for a discount. I got it for $24!! Hee Hee. I plan to paint it with the same paint I use on the buffet and of course I will hang it a little higher.
Don't you love the little blond girl holding an egg? She reminds me of my Han. I found the picture with the frame and everything for $22 at a cute little shabby store in Halstead. I already had the bird house and lamp. The bunny was half off at HobLob. I used my cake stand to put a nest on top. The blue eggs are plastic Easter eggs I painted.
I found this wire basket for $1.99 at Goodwill. I primed it and spray painted it this cute pink color called "Ballet Slipper." It is a real vintage shade of pink. More moss and eggs I painted in the nest.

I had this old grape vine wreath that I resurrected from my garage sale pile. Some more of that pink spray paint and it's a updated wreath!! I painted all the eggs (which are a bit time consuming) and still haven't managed to put some kind of bow on the top. I'm thinking I'll use burlap or a tan linen for the bow. Hopefully it will get a bow by Sunday!
To make your own eggs see this tutorial.

5 comments:

Jana said...

Darling! I love the vintage Easter look. That's a cute corner hutch...have I seen that?

TheHappyNeills said...

ooooo love the old buffet! (if it's worth anything and is real wood, and you want it to be worth something later on, don't paint it)

go martha!!! :)

Erica W said...

I love all the crafty ideas! Thanks for sharing! I sure wish I could take your sewing class! Do you travel to teach?? :)

Linda said...

Nice photography, Les! You made the buffet look like you inherited something really nice! Why can't you take my picture and make ME look so much better.. I know, it's what you have to work with.
Mom

Gail said...

You're amazing! Very fun!