My Cute Kids

My Cute Kids

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Toys vs. Hangers

The truth is, my kids hardly ever play with their toys. For some reason, strange, boring things provide the most entertainment. Take this photo for example...

Hud picked up a pile of hangers and within seconds he had his very own compound bow. Matthews eat your heart out! (Only a few of you will know what I mean by that last comment and those of you who do, please be impressed that I know what that last comment means! My husband does rub off on me!) Most days Hud also has to have a pair of "knockers!" (Binoculars he means.) No need for Leupold, you can make knockers out of just about anything.... tape 2 toilet paper tubes together, or just use the extension hose off your mother's vacuum. Sometimes that particular toy is already in use though, extending the barrel on his pistol to make a shotgun.
At dinner, a fork makes a great tuba! And yard sticks make perfect guitars, fishing poles or guns. Paint stir sticks are also important to have around! They have so many uses, I don't have enough time to go into them all, but I will say, that it's good to carry 3 or 4 around at all times. The one thing that I have found that has no substitute is Mom's hammer. When it comes to building things, you're just going to have to use the real thing!

1 comment:

Linda said...

His Uncle Pat all over again! Be afraid! Just kidding. That shows a creative mind. 'don't need Matel and Hasbro anymore..too inventive for that nonsense! He will have a blast on Grandpa
s junk farm!