Han got an assortment of lip glosses/ make-up for Christmas. Looks like I'll have to give her a little instruction in about 12 years.
Hud and Han have been full of some funny sayings lately. I'll try to do them justice by re-telling them...
We had popcorn for a snack one afternoon, and Han came to find me later. "I need toothpick, Mommy" she tells me. "Why do you need a toothpick?" "Because I have some popcone stuck back here," sticking her finger deep into her mouth. "O.K. I'll get you one," I said, wondering how in the world she knew about toothpicks. My question was soon answered as she piped up and said, "Yidda (Little) guhs (girls) need toothpicks, too! Just yike (like) PaPaw!" Yep, PaPaw always has a toothpick after a meal. The hard part was convincing her that she couldn't walk around with it in her mouth like he does. I bet she's just been waiting for the perfect opportunity to try one of those things out!
The other night I heard Han say, "You want play a game with me Huddie?" He said, "Shuh, I'd love too!!" Then seconds later she comes into the kitchen and asks Russ to play. I said, "Han, I thought you just asked Hud to play." "Well, I just need big kids to play this game." I guess she thinks Russ and I are just bigger versions of her.
Midway through dinner, Hud declares, "I not eat mo food. I sick. I eat mo food, I get sick and I die!" Then he reaches both hands up to his mouth and uses more drama than the academy awards to cough and choke, and roll his eyes up to the ceiling. I just looked over at him and said, "I'm eating it, and I'm not getting sick."
Due to potty training, our toilet has had problems lately. The kids think that it takes about 1/4 of a roll of toilet paper to wipe. Anyway, I was telling Hud that he couldn't use a particular toilet until Daddy came home to plunge it. He says, "I'm a wuhkuh (worker), Mom. I fix it all by myself!" "O.K., Hud! How are you going to fix it?" "With a hammuh, but my new hammuh is bwoke. I use yose."
My Cute Kids
Wednesday, January 10, 2007
Musings of our local three-year-olds.
During Christmas with Russ' side of the family, Hud had a hard time being the only boy cousin. On one occasion the oldest cousin came in to tell me that Hud was throwing rocks at them. I went out to check on things and asked Hud, "Are you throwing rocks at the girls?" He quickly said, "No!," then paused for about 2 seconds. I could see the wheels turning in his head..."how can I get out of this without really having to tell a lie...." He looked up at me and confidently declared, "Not at their faces!!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
GREAT stories! Keep 'em coming and write these down to tell the kids when they grow up!
Post a Comment