My Cute Kids

My Cute Kids

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Scattered Thoughts

Today has been such a precious day to cherish. I'm feeling scattered in my thoughts and not very profound or capable of describing to you the inexpressible joy that comes when the Father of the Fatherless chooses you and your family to place one of his beloved orphans in. If you have had the pleasure of getting to know Josh this past year I'm sure you'll agree with me that he is amazing!!! He's so full of life, energy, compassion, affection, smiles, sheer joy, curiosity, intelligence, and FOOD!!! Yes, he still eats a lot!!!
Our family has been forever changed because of Joshua Shen. Our twins' futures will be different because they have the privilege of being his brother and sister. That sounds pretty obvious.... but their hearts for the poor and orphaned goes deep. I can't wait to see where it takes them! They regularly ask about the adoption of #4... not sure if that will be in God's plan or not, but they would be thrilled!!
Adopting an orphan is a bit paradoxical. On the one hand it seems kind of out there, exotic, unusual. Sometimes I look and Josh and see this handsome Chinese little boy who has been through more in his almost 3 years than I have in thirty-something. It's still a bit surreal that he is mine!
On the other hand, it feels so normal being his mommy. The depth of my love for him goes beyond genetics. I have never had to work at loving him.

I feel so blessed by the Lord to have been given the very precious children I have. Hud and Han were truly miracles after three years of waiting and praying. Then the Lord did miracles again to bring Joshua into our lives after more three years of waiting and praying.

I am filled to overflowing by the goodness of the Lord and a Father who gives good gifts to his children!

4 comments:

Gail said...

Great post, Leslie--I love to read about your love for your kids--the 2nd picture in your previous post of you and Joshua is amazing--I would have that blown up, for sure! Miss you!

Linda said...

OH! Today is "Gotcha Day" Anniversary!! Yea! Wow! We are so blessed to be Grandma and Grandpa! We KNOW God has a huge plan for his life!

Linda said...

OH! Today is "Gotcha Day" Anniversary!! Yea! Wow! We are so blessed to be Grandma and Grandpa! We KNOW God has a huge plan for his life!

Rachel said...

Who would have ever imagined God's plans for you? Would have never dreamed this up on our own, never in a million years. He is good!