Meet Katie. I just met her last week and I still can't wrap my mind around her or find a box to put her in. Two years ago she went to Uganda for a short trip to help in an orphanage. She's now 20 and has only been home to the US for short visits. In the past two years she has become the mother of thirteen girls, started a non-profit organization that has so far provided education, medical care, three hot meals a day and school supplies to nearly 400 of the poorest kids in Uganda. She also has a few hundred of them over once a week to feed them, bathe some of them, de-lice them, love on them and tell them about Jesus. TWENTY YEARS OLD!!!
Nobody told her that you're not supposed to be able to change the world at her age! As soon as I can steal away for a few hours I can't wait to read her blog from the beginning!!! You can find her at www.kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com or click on the button on my blog to find her ministry "Amazima."If she can do this? What can I do? What can you do?
3 comments:
We read some of her stories/blog entries as a bedtime story tonight. Wow! There are no words.
Beware, I checked out Katie's blog and spent two hours there...sometimes with tears in my eyes! What a beautiful example to all followers of Christ.
Hold on Mom, Why did I just get a feeling like that could be our Hannah Joy some day?
Post a Comment