We rode our bikes over to the pond one afternoon. Hud caught 3 good sized catfish and a few small bluegills. He quickly realized that he was the "fishing expert" that afternoon, as the rest of us were not having such good luck. He started going around and telling us to "watch ouw bobbuhs." (watch our bobbers)
Oh yeah, he also managed to catch a snapping turtle.
Han caught a fish all by herself after Rusty cast her line in. She waited for quite awhile, and saw the bobber go under, then reeled it in. She's quite a bit more patient than her sibling! He usually runs around telling the rest of us how to fish while his pole is laying on the ground with his line in the water.
I managed to find this vintage horse at a garage sale this week for $8. It is quite a hit around here, and Hud has named him, "Wocket" (Rocket).
This pic of Han was taken after an attempt to go "poo poo" in the potty. PTL, she had her first success in 6 months later that afternoon. This achievement merited a family trip to the grocery store so that she could pick out some ice cream treats. She shared them with all of us, and then wanted to take some home to save for her "baby sistuh." She had already told us after she poo pooed that she was going to teach her "baby sistuh how to poop!"
Hud was wearing his bathrobe around, so Russ decided to teach him a few boxing poses.
Hud's still really into tools, building and "big tucks." Thursday we went to a playgroup at Barnes and Noble. The theme that day was construction. When I told Hud that we were going to be talking about building, he insisted on taking his "hammuh" with him. They had hard hats for all the kids and lots of building toys and books. It was quite fun! Later that day, I bought him a cube of styrofoam so that he can pound golf tees into it to practice his nailing skills.
Russ and I celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary last night. Hud and Han got to spend the night with their Uncle Kyle and Aunt Carly. We had a really fun time! Today we were telling the kids that we were married, and that we had an anniversary... Han piped up and said, "I want to mawwy my Huddie." (Huddie is what she calls Hud) How precious!! They are such a blessing wrapped up in a lot of fun!!
3 comments:
Happy Anniversary! Sounds like you guys are keeping busy! Love the bare-bum riding! Boy we sure miss you guys! Maybe someday Hud can give us a refresher course on that Kansas Pond fishing! He can be our fishing guide!
Rusty, you the man! 8 years and she hasn't figured out you tricked her yet? That horse brought back some memories, I have a scar next to my left eye from the front springs pinching my eye/cheek area...I love yalls blog, it always makes my day.--Bart Horton
Wow! What a week! I am impressed with the kids' fishin' skills! I love the horsey! We had one just like it when we were little, remember Les? I hope you used a clorox wipe on that poor horse after Hannah was done ridin'! :) Happy Anniversary!!! We love you guys!
Post a Comment