My Cute Kids

My Cute Kids

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Growing Fast!



Sometimes I feel like Han is a twenty-year-old stuck in a two-year-old's body! Yesterday I told her she and Hud would be spending the night with a friend. Next thing I knew, she had climbed up various objects in her closet to get a small bag we usually pack for them when we travel. She was in her bathroom putting her and Hud's toothbrushes and toothpaste in the correct pocket, as well as enough hair accessories to last her a few weeks! After that, she spent the rest of the morning "packing" Wal-Mart bags with stuff she thought she might need... various chunks of play-dough, some artwork, a fleece stocking cap, a doll, a wire basket, and the case to a DVD. As you can see in the pic, she arranged them all along her doll stroller by hanging them like she has seen me do on their stroller before. She is also insistent on driving soon. She hounds me about it nearly everytime we get in the car. I've tried to explain the rules from the policeman that we have to obey, but she is convinced she knows them, and won't "cash" anyone. To be honest, she does know a few rules. Just today I came upon a 4-way stop with a blinking red light. I stopped, then proceeded through the intersection. She piped up behind me, "Wed means stop, Mom." "I know, Honey, I did stop." "But I not see geen light!" Then I had to explain what a blinking red meant. Later, I made a right turn after stopping at a red. "Wed means stop, Mom!!" So again, I had to explain that it was in fact permissable for me to make a righthand turn on a red light after I have stopped and waited for other cars.

3 comments:

Jana said...

LOL! That is too funny! She's a smart little booger! I love her packing skills...you can never be too prepared!

Meli n Pat said...

That is hilarious! Pat is laughing his head off!

Anonymous said...

That is funny. Faith used to do stuff like that ...and still does...we have refined it a bit so now she is actually a help instead of making a mess to put away! Rachel