My Cute Kids

My Cute Kids

Sunday, November 07, 2010

My Version

Since I do such an incredible job of keeping you up-to-date on this blog (that was a joke) I am going to start a new feature called, "My Version." I read and enjoy way too many crafty blogs. Even if you don't consider yourself crafty, these blogs provide all the creativity and usually tutorials for making so many cool things.

Anyway, when I see something on a blog that I decide to create, I thought it would be fun to show you the blog where I found the idea, and then a pic or two of my version.

We'll start with a fun wreath I saw HERE. Burlap is all the rage right now in home decor. I loved the idea, but not the Halloween theme it had, so here's my version:



I used a different wreath that came from the Dollar Tree. It was more like sticks, and because the burlap was brown, I didn't need to paint it. The fall leaves and "greenery" I used came from an old arrangement that I had tired of.

This idea could easily be used for a fun Christmas wreath, you could still use burlap, or any other fun fabric. I'd probably use pinking sheers if I used regular fabric.

2 comments:

TheHappyNeills said...

looks great!!! (of course)

Julie said...

I love the wreath, Lesli! Thanks for sharing. :)