My Cute Kids

My Cute Kids

Thursday, November 11, 2010

EASY Carmel/Kettle Corn

If you want a really yummy snack for movie or game night, try this:

1/4 c. vegetable oil
1/4 c. sugar
several shakes of salt
1/2 c. popcorn

I use a Whirly Pop to make this, but you can use just a big pot on med/high heat (just be sure to keep shaking it), or if you have one of those poppers with the bowl thingy on top like a dome, I'm sure that would work great too.

2 comments:

TheHappyNeills said...

That's how I do it, too...equal parts oil/sugar. Have you tried brown sugar? I haven't and I'm wondering if it'd work. I've learned to put the sugar in right before the kernels start popping to reduce the chance of burning. But that might be more of an issue since I just use a pot. Also--I've switched to sunflower oil and I'm never goin' back! You can get a big ol' container at Green Acres for a decent price--Bainter brand, made in KS. Every other brand is pretty expensive. It makes perfect popcorn! Has a higher heat point, and I'm using it for EVERYTHING now!

Rachel said...

We should have made this for our movie night! Next time!