In preparation for Christmas, I have been crafting a fun Advent calendar similar to this one except instead of painting the little boxes I modge podged fun Christmas scrapbook paper on the front and cut out numbers with my cricket. Mine will have magnets on the back instead of being glued to a canvas. I plan to put a piece of candy for each kid in each one as well as something we'll read at dinner (she also has scripture reading and a discussion question for each day that are great for young kids). My hope is that the Advent season will help my kids (and myself!) prepare our hearts and focus more on Jesus. I found this awesome site that gives an amazing amount of reading, activities and such for kids and adults. Just click on a day on the calendar and it takes you to some really neat ideas.
Also, this is the first year our family has participated in the Samaritan's Purse Shoe boxes. Each of my three kids packed a shoebox for someone their same age and sex. They had such a great time picking out stuff. Han kept saying, "I am just having sooo much fun!".... "This is making my heart feel sooo good!"... "I know I keep saying this, but I am having sooo much fun!" Both Hud and Han contributed $5 each from their own earned money, which, believe me is a lot of money for them!! If your family is planning to do this this year, the drop off deadline is tomorrow at Metro East Baptist Church, but Samaritan's purse accepts boxes year round.
It's not too late to make some preparations for the Christmas season that will help you and your family prepare your hearts!
1 comment:
I am so glad you are doing that! This will impact them for life.
Post a Comment