My Cute Kids

My Cute Kids

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Thanks a Latte!!!






I've got all kinds of fun crafty things brewing around here... this is one of my latest, latte cozies. I've made them out of felted wool sweaters (which basically means that they were washed in hot water and dried to shrink them). A few of them are even made out of cashmere. They're so soft, fuzzy and cute! I think they will make perfect teacher gifts for next month's teacher appreciation week. I plan to put one on a Starbucks cup with a gift card inside for Joshua's speech therapist.

I also thought it would be fun to have my first blog giveaway!!! The lucky winner will get one of these cozies and a $5 Starbucks gift card. To enter please leave me a comment telling me how you found my blog and what keeps ya commin' back for more.


Oh, and if you don't turn out to be the winner but you'd like one of these for yourself or for someone you want to thank let me know. I've made some new ones in different colors and sell them for $10 each. A portion of the profits from everything I sell on my blog is going to help our good friends adopt from Ethiopia.


I'll leave this giveaway open until Wednesday night and announce the winner on Thursday. Good luck!!

14 comments:

Unknown said...

LES!!!! Those cozies are the cutest EVER and I hope I win one! You are so amazing!
How I found your blog? I think I just knew you had one!
What keeps me coming back? Quotes of your kids and to see what cool, crafty things you're doing!

Gail said...

Hey Leslie--I first found your adoption blog when you were posting a lot about your story with Joshua--got hooked and checked it every day. I can't remember if there was a link to this one on there, or how I found it, but it's now on my blogroll, so you're with me for keeps! I also love your kids quotes and the things you create.

Erica said...

You are too clever! I would never have thought of these, since we never go to starbucks. I think we went to starbucks more out of America than we do here, isn't that a hoot.

I love the little dresses you've been sewing. You're quite a talented gal.

I've been crazy crafting too, it's been so much fun, but I've found myself extra tired in the mornings because I'm so excited about what I'm working on that I'm up until 1:00. Yikes.

I don't think I've ever commented on your blog before, but I enjoy it. You're on my blog roll so when I get the chance I check out what you guys have been up to. Keep up the great work.

Meli n Pat said...

Seriously. Pat is impressed, and I am incredulous! He is trying to explain to me the concept of hobbies, of which I am severely lacking. I was so excited to see your first blog and have been hooked ever since! It's great to see all the fun things you all are doing! Love you! Hey, we aren't exempt since we're family are we...?! I would wait to come and pick it up to help with shipping...!

Julie said...

Those are so adorable! I found your blog a long time ago (maybe you told me about it or I saw it in a Christmas letter??) and always check your updates. I love the quotes from your kids. And their pictures--you just have cute kids! I recently have enjoyed reading about your crafty projects.

Fun idea!

JP said...

Yeah Lesly-and thank you!! they are adorable and can I buy a few? Don't count me on the winning-- just want to do these things for the adoption too!!! I will order 3 for now... Thanks! Jackie

jen christians said...

What a fun idea. First of all I also want to say that I have been lurking around on here for awhile too. I also wanted to thank you for telling my good friend Michelle about the Shriners hospital for Dale. What a blessing that is! Your crafts are VERY cute!

TheHappyNeills said...

too cute! wish i had some wool to give you!

i knew you had a blog b/c you told me :)

my favorite is the hilarious stuff from your kids!

Anonymous said...

Hi Leslie! I found your adoption blog and begin reading it as my cousin and his wife had adopted a little girl from China a couple of years ago. Then, I found you had this one too and have been reading it ever since! I have six kids and am also a grammie to one. Your kids are adorable!

Sharee Forman said...

Okay, these are the cutest things ever and the perfect anyone gift!! Who doesn't love a little starbucks and what a cutie cute way to present it! I love them! :) You are quite the talented, creative seamstress!

Jana said...

What a great idea! Did you come up with this on your own? If so, you should protect your idea somehow. Talk to Josh...
I have several people that are starbucks junkies that would love these.
I knew of your blog because I told you to do it! Didn't I? We both followed after Mel.
I love it because your kids make my side hurt and also because you are a really talented writer. Recently I've enjoyed all the lovely creations I've seen!
love you sis!

Linda said...

Found you blog when you decided to join Meli, Jana AND ME in the blogging deal. It is just the greatest for Grandmas to keep up her grand babies and it makes my day when one of my girls has blogged something. It makes the distance between us seem not so far. Love those cozies and I've seen them in person. Hee Hee

Mom

The Boccias said...

Hey Leslie. I'm Julie J's sister and she told me about your blog a long time ago. I've been reading it for awhile. I love your kiddos and all these crafty things you've been doing lately. I'm hoping my almost-2-year-old Sophie turns out like your Hannah. :)

Rachel said...

Oh, Pick me!
Keeping in touch with you keeps me coming back for more!