I learned from Barbie Island Princess!
The other day Han and I were on the couch and she noticed a book that I had been reading. She said, "Mom, what's this book about?"
Me: "It's a book about marriage. How to be a good wife."
Han: "How do you be a good wife?"
Me: "Well, you love your husband, you serve him, you're kind to him, you take care of him."
Han: "What book does Daddy have?"
Me: "I don't know. You'll have to ask him."
Han: "Well, the two things I know about marriage are from the Island Princess (movie)... 'I want my heart to bleed red blood' (no clue what's she's talking about) and 'well I didn't love your father when I married him.' "
Me: "Hmmm... it's really important to love the person you marry!!"
After a pause for thinking...she started to lament that Daddy was already taken. I guess he's the only one she loves enough to marry at this point!!!
All these princess movies Han loves have had an influence on her dialect. I am always hearing things like, "Joshua, give that to me AT ONCE!!!"
Me: "Han can you wash off the table."
Han: "Yes, Mom. As you wish. And Mother, I think I'll have dessert as well."
2 comments:
Alas, we were all created to live in a Kingdom where we will live Happily Ever After!
I think this may be my daughter's very favorite movie! She and Levi like to try to sing the different parts in the song, "Sun goes down." So cute. I'll have to ask Sarah about the hearts bleeding red blood comment--don't remember that one. I love your blog--you're an amazing writer! Gail N
Post a Comment