My Cute Kids

My Cute Kids

Thursday, November 08, 2007

My Football Star




We never cease to be amazed by Hud's love for sports and his ability to pick up the details of the game. The other day I noticed he was putting random things in his mouth while he had his helmet on. I realized he'd noticed that the real players wear mouth guards, and he was trying to imitate them. Here he is using a lime wedge! Not long after, Russ took him to the store and he bought a real mouth guard with his own money. Days later he came up to me in the bathroom and said, "Mom, tan you just put a little chap stick wight heuh and wight heuh" (pointing under his eyes) Eventually he discovered a black marker to use under his eyes.
While my parents were here recently he kept telling my dad that he would take him to a football game. My parents took the kids, and while Han kept making trips to the bathroom, Hud watched nearly every play. At halftime, my mom asked him if he'd like to go get something to eat. He thought for a minute then said, "Just dit me some poptorn and a dwink. I'll stay heuh and teep my eye on the ball!"

1 comment:

Erickson Family said...

I can't tell you how much I enjoyed reading through your blog today! What fun!

A & A are always running around with fruit slices in their mouth as "mouth guards". Boys!! This made me giggle.

Thanks for the address.