My Cute Kids

My Cute Kids

Monday, August 27, 2007

Theology From a Three-year-old

A few nights ago I (Russ) heard Hud start crying in the basement. I went down to investigate. Apparently, Han had taken a rubber bug of Hud's and "made it disappear." Translation: she hid it because she knew he wanted it. I pulled her aside, got eye-to-eye with her, and asked why she hid it from him when she knew he wanted it. Her response caught me way off guard, "Well Dad, I...I...I was just tryin'' to concentrate on mysewf." Is that not the definition of selfishness? That should be what appears next to the word in Webster's. I was amazed that she could understand her motive so accurately and articulate it so well. Knowing that her response had me off-guard a little, I quickly ended our little eye-to-eye session with, "Well that is mean and rude and we don't do that to one another in our family. Now get out there and apologize to Hud." Off she ran...

No comments: