My Cute Kids

My Cute Kids

Sunday, November 06, 2011

Come, Thou Long-Expected Jesus

One thing I am looking forward to this Christmas is re-reading this book by Nancy Guthrie. Come, Thou Long- Expected Jesus is actually a compilation of works edited by Guthrie. She
"draws from the works and sermons of classic theologians such as Whitefield, Luther, Spurgeon, and Augustine, and from leading contemporary communicators such as John Piper, J. Ligon Duncan, Randy Alcorn, John MacArthur, Francis Schaeffer, R. C. Sproul, Skip Ryan, and Joni Eareckson Tada to beckon you and your family into the wonder of Jesus' incarnation and birth."

If found this book to be rich, deep and inviting. I felt like I was truly able to celebrate what Christmas is really all about, Immanuel, God with us!!!

I highly recommend it if you are looking for an advent book that draws you near to the heart of Jesus this Christmas.

Find the Amazon link here. (She also has a similar work for Easter.)

1 comment:

TheHappyNeills said...

ah, you had me at Piper, Spurgeon, Augustine, and Luther! :) just ordered a used copy on amazon! thanks!