My Cute Kids

My Cute Kids

Thursday, February 17, 2011

My Little Evangelist and my Little Prayer Warrior

I have recently learned that Hud's teacher has started calling him his "Little Evangelist." Apparently he's been outspoken, should we, say about Jesus. This morning while Hud was snuggling with me he said, "I've asked all my friends and the people in my class if they've asked Jesus in their heart. But I've stopped telling them they are going to hell if they don't because Dad told me that's not really a very good thing to tell someone. So, now I just tell them that something really really bad is going to happen to them if they don't."
His best little buddy, "Z", is Muslim and apparently they have gotten into some pretty serious discussions about their beliefs. They always end up grid locked because "Z" is just as set in his beliefs as Hud is. This has caused Hud some serious anguish, as I think he is truly concerned about Z's soul. He also said this morning, "Mom, can you go to heaven if you never ask Jesus into your life?" I told him no, and he said, "I have told Z and told him, but he just won't do it." I encouraged Hud to keep praying for Z that one day he will trust Christ.

As for my prayer warrior, Josh has recently added his favorite Transformer, "Optimus Prime," to his ever-growing list of people to pray for! Hard to get onto his older brother for laughing during prayer when Josh lifts OP to the Father!

6 comments:

Gail said...

Your kids are soo sweet! love it that hud is having these conversations with his friends...hope he never loses that passion!

Jana said...

Man! I wish I was as bold as Hud! We can all learn from his zeal and love for his friends! Way to go, Huddy!

Rachel said...

So glad for Rusty's advice to not tell the kids they are going to hell....it will spare you a phone call from some irate mother....I got one of those phone calls when Faith was in 1st grade!
May Hudson's zeal never be squelched!

Teresa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

A little Hudson Taylor! You're doing a great job, Mom. So glad to see you this weekend!

Anonymous said...

So cute! But Z does believe in Jesus Christ! :D