My Cute Kids

My Cute Kids

Sunday, January 02, 2011

Josh and his siblings

Some people probably wonder how the biological children feel when the family adopts. I can only speak from my own experience and from observing our multiple friends who have also adopted.
Hudson and Hannah utterly adore Josh. They frequently tell me that they are so glad "we got him from China!" I recently had to tell Hudson that he should probably lay off those kinds of statements, thinking that Josh might one day not like being reminded that he's adopted and prefer to just be one of the kids in the family.
Hudson has been asking for another "baby," and Hannah wants a big sister. Apparently the kids of adoptive families think that they can special order their next sibling.
This past week Hannah has been begging me to ask Google (she thinks Google is a person) if Josh is the cutest boy in the whole world. She's pretty sure he is!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

jarod was laughing about the special order part and i was laughing about google being a person. thanks for sharing how your family has adjusted! and it's always fun to watch your kiddos grow! ...from the east side, jdavis2

Rachelle said...

thanks Lesli, this is so encouraging!

Jana said...

So precious! I think Hannah having a big sister would be a great idea...why not?

jolyn said...

Well, he just might be the cutest boy in the whole world! I think Google would be unable to argue with that!