Only certain people will appreciate this picture...
If you're one of those people, you're probably either from New Mexico or lived there at one time. Try to refrain from envy. Rusty grew these green chilies in our little garden and we're roasting them on the grill. Yumm!!!
we have happy memories of grilling chilies; we always had green chile cheeseburgers on the day we grilled chilies! I'm lazy now and we buy them roasted at the store...who can resist that delicious smell!
oh yummy! I love grilled pewppers! few weeks ago, our Dillons had a grilled pepper days, I bought one just for me, the rest of my family thinks that I am nuts:) Blessings, gayly
growing up I always remember driving by albertsons where they were roasting them outside....I HATED the smell for some reaon! I guess I never got the NM bug!
Reminds me of home for sure. Your dad says next year you should try some "Joe E. Parker" chilies. They were developed at Rusty's Alma mater, NMSU and they are the best we have ever raised and roasted. I didn't used to like the smell of the them roasting at the stores either, Jana. But I love the product.
5 comments:
You can take the New Mexican out of New Mexico... They look delicious.
we have happy memories of grilling chilies; we always had green chile cheeseburgers on the day we grilled chilies! I'm lazy now and we buy them roasted at the store...who can resist that delicious smell!
oh yummy! I love grilled pewppers! few weeks ago, our Dillons had a grilled pepper days, I bought one just for me, the rest of my family thinks that I am nuts:)
Blessings,
gayly
growing up I always remember driving by albertsons where they were roasting them outside....I HATED the smell for some reaon! I guess I never got the NM bug!
Reminds me of home for sure. Your dad says next year you should try some "Joe E. Parker" chilies. They were developed at Rusty's Alma mater, NMSU and they are the best we have ever raised and roasted. I didn't used to like the smell of the them roasting at the stores either, Jana. But I love the product.
Post a Comment