My Cute Kids

My Cute Kids

Friday, September 10, 2010

Super Yummy Get-well-soon Chicken Tortilla Soup

One day while I was sick (for nearly the whole month of August) my sweet neighbor showed up with a pot full of chicken soup. I'm not exaggerating, it was the best chicken tortilla soup I've ever had. It was broth-y and spicy and absolutely hit the spot. When I asked her for her recipe, I was shocked to hear how easy it was.

So here ya go...

about 5 cups of chicken broth (using bouillon and water) (you can adjust the amount of broth to your liking... it's not so strong and spicy the more broth you add)
1 can of Rotel
1 can of chicken (you could also cook up a chicken breast, or just boil it in the broth and chop in bite sized pieces)

Heat through and once you've served it up, top with shredded cheddar cheese and crushed tortilla chips.

Sooooo yummy!!!

4 comments:

Meli n Pat said...

This is a great Gluten-free soup! Just make sure the broth is GF and the chips are as well - pretty easy to do! Thanks!

Linda said...

Sounds like a great recipe that one could keep on hand. Also, could add stuff like a can of white beans or corn, green chilies, et al!

Jana said...

If I didn't already have your white chicken chili cooking in my crock pot right now, I'd try it....sounds good and I love easy!

Dave, Kristen, Katelyn, Anna, and Ben McCurdy said...

I'm making this recipe tonight! Can't wait!