My Cute Kids

My Cute Kids

Thursday, February 05, 2009

I have a problem....

I didn't know that you could knit cute stuff like this! I thought that knitters were only allowed to make scratchy socks, heinous scarves and hideous afghans. Actually I have two problems. The first one is that my creative self continually pulls me to learn new ways to express myself. My other problem is that I learned to knit last month and I am a bit addicted. I mean how cute is this little hat! It's made out of baby chenille and has the most adorable little poof of feathers on top. It was my first hat to make. It only took me one day.... I completely blocked out my family, house and to-do list to make it. That's were my problem comes in. I am almost finished with my second adorable hat (don't worry I'll post a pic) and all I want to do is knit. It's kind of like a really good book, once you're into it everything else in the world kind of disappears until the last page. I really hope this addiction doesn't require rehab!!

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Well now I have a problem, because I've been knitting for 2 years and CAN'T make a hat! Only scarves...
I agree, though, it's quite addictive and very therapeutic!

jolyn said...

I'm almost afraid to start, Les. I'm the worst when I get a good book, just ask my hubby! I LOVE this hat. It turned out SO cute!

Meli n Pat said...

Okay, which way do you knit?! I have found that with long bouts of knitting the wrists and fingers get tired and just a bit tender at the tips! Just a fair warning...! The hats are fun and great to start with since they are a bit more interesting and you can really see them come together! I haven't done it for awhile...! My next project was going to be socks. When you figure that one out, call me!

ashley said...

i love both of the hats! i need to hire you to make one for macie. you could turn this into a little side business. too cute!!!