I've been praying for a young family with an 11-month-old baby girl who has cancer. Things haven't looked very good from the start, and I've been checking their blog regularly to see how she was doing.
Friday she had to have surgery to have some fluid drained off of her heart. She was second in line behind a 14-year-old boy also newly diagnosed with cancer who was having the same procedure. He didn't make it through the surgery. It seems like a million years ago that I used to work in that very same PICU. I couldn't do it now that I am a mom. I just can't imagine sending my baby off to undergo the same thing that a bigger, stronger boy didn't survive. She did make it through though, and had a pretty "good" day yesterday.
I learned this morning that last night this little sweetheart went to be with Jesus. I was stunned and so sad for her parents. I just can't imagine how painful it would be to lose your child.
Hannah saw me upset and wanted to know what was wrong. When I told her she looked at me puzzled and said, "Don't you unduhstand, Mom, she gets to live with Jesus!!! That's gweat!! She gets to live huh whole life with Jesus, evewy day and evewy night!" I tried to match her enthusiasm but said, "I'm just really sad for her mommy and daddy. They're really going to miss her. I would be really sad if you died." She said, "Mom wouldn't you be really excited if I went to live with Jesus?!"
How I wish I saw heaven how Han sees it. She longs for it, as we all should. This world has nothing we desire but You, Lord.
4 comments:
Oh Lesli! This makes me cry. Han is so excited to live with Jesus, and we know Cora is with Him and that she has no more pain. But it sure is sad for her mommy and daddy and all her friends. We miss her so much!
TEARS!!!!
I know what you mean. Raegan asks me at least once a week when Jesus is going to come. It reminds me to long for Him as well. Of course, that will be easier than sending one of my kiddos before I get to go. . .
What an example of faith like a child: so uncorrupted with the desires of the world to desire so much to be with Jesus! I agree that mommies and daddies would have a hard time without them. So many in heaven to welcome us when we get there...
Post a Comment