My Cute Kids

My Cute Kids

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Buying shoes for a toddler.


The weather is warming up, and Hud was in need of a good pair of sandals. Sandals that were made of tried and true leather, with insoles that breathed instead of collecting a culmination of stinky smells for the next 5 months. "Shouldn't be hard," I thought as I had his foot measured and headed for his size. Instantly I saw at least 3 choices that I liked and was in the process of trying them on Hud when he spotted THEM.... Lightening McQueen sandals... made of 100% gen-u-wine, man-made foam, looking like they were imported straight from Tijuana, and featuring insoles that were sure to smell like the south end of a north bound donkey by the end of the month. From that point on, there was not another sandal in the store that agreed with Hud. "These hurt my toes."... "These are too pinchy."... "No, these are too big." If there's one thing I've learned since becoming a parent it's this, when the mind of a 3-year-old is made up, you better decide if you've got a battle worth fighting. So in the end, we left the store with a pair of sandals that made my son "so happy!"

5 comments:

Linda said...

Oh, Huddy! Those are just tooooo cool!!!! You will run very fast in those!

Love,
Gamma

Anonymous said...

Isn't that the truth. Here in your mind you have something really cute or cool picked out for the kids and they go to cheesiest looking things with the huge plastic logos on them. I am sorry there is just no way your dull brown leather will win against Disney's colorful plastic!!!!! Man are his feet going to be ripe this summer!!!! Rachel

Linda said...

"HAPPY FEET!"

Meli n Pat said...

Hey Les,
if you want, we can send him some gen-u-ine Alaskan wool socks, that will really enhance the aroma!!
Pat

BrandiK said...

Oh My! Well just think, one of these days he'll look back and none of you will remember the rank feet, but Hud will remember how his momma got him his FAVORITE shoes!!