My Cute Kids

My Cute Kids

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Much Overdue Belated Birthday Wishes

In all of the hustle and bustle of the holidays, a very important birthday was celebrated, and I recently realized that it didn't make it onto my blog. (I did make him a homemade, gluten-free apple crisp though.) So without further delay, I bring you the Myth, the Man, the Legend, my now 30-year-old brother, Pat. As I was saying, he's pretty much a Renaissance Man. Here are a few pics of what he's been up to recently while living in Alaska.

Shot his first bear this year.

Need a grill that also serves as a smoker? No problem, Pat can weld one up real quick.


Need some salmon to smoke on the smoker? No problem, Pat can catch you one!

Or maybe you'd prefer Halibut instead?

Don't have a net to land your fish? No problem, Pat will find a branch, and tie about 15,000 knots into some string to make you one.

Need a tour guide for your canoe trip? No problem, Pat floated, portaged and explored over 200 miles of Alaska's lakes last year.


Here's to you, brother!! May life continue to offer you adventures!!
I love you!!



2 comments:

Meli n Pat said...

Thanks for the write up Les, it was great to re-live those adventures!!
If all goes as planned, this year we'll have grizzly, caribou, wolf, and maybe a worverine or two to add to those pics.
Pat

Linda said...

After God made him, He broke the mold! He IS amazing.