This year, the kids wanted to be a Fahman and a Pincess. So, a day or two before the big day, I got out my sewing machine, and whipped up a little Pincess dwess. Then I went to Goodwill and struck it rich with a 99 cent yellow slicker for Hud. It was about 5 sizes too big, so I cut it up, and put it all back together with some clear packing tape. Then we decorated it with some red reflector tape. Since we already had the hat, all we need were some boots and a pail, which we found around the house. On the way to trick or treat at Daddy's office, I saw someone's trash can had a garden hose sticking out of it, so I pulled a "u-ie" and stole it!
After all the prep, we managed to have a Happy Halloween, and got a lot of candy!!
"O.K. Hud, when they open the door, you yell "FIRE" and point into the house, then I'll grab their candy bowl and make a run for it."
I'm sure you're all wondering what Han's secret is for making such a beautiful pincess. Well, you'll be shocked to know...under all that pink fluff, at her insistence, she's wearing her brother's Scooby Doo underoos!! No joke!!

Eyeliner is a great substitute for soot!
"O.K. Hud, when they open the door, you yell "FIRE" and point into the house, then I'll grab their candy bowl and make a run for it."
I'm sure you're all wondering what Han's secret is for making such a beautiful pincess. Well, you'll be shocked to know...under all that pink fluff, at her insistence, she's wearing her brother's Scooby Doo underoos!! No joke!!
Eyeliner is a great substitute for soot!
Cooperation please! Just look at me, and stand still for one second.


A fireman's job is never done! Just minutes after returning, Hud had a few fires to put out in his own home!!
4 comments:
I'm so sorry we missed it! What fun! Han told Pat she likes to wear Hud's undies (perhaps to keep hers clean?)!! They definitely fit the outfits! A Princess for sure and definitely a little bit of fire!!
I guess my no sew fusing tape counts if your clear packing tape counts!!! Anything to make it easier! The look so cute! Rachel
The picture with the caption about yelling fire is hysterical!!!!
SOOOO CUTE!!!
Just as long as Huddy doesn't start wanting to wear HER underwear, we're ok!
You are sooo creative! The costumes look like they came from a costume shop! Great job, mom! The kids are adorable! I love all the expressions!
Aunt Jana
Post a Comment