My Cute Kids

My Cute Kids

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

The Fireman and the Arsonist






Saturday was Hud's big, exciting day! His most recent fascination has been with firetrucks and firemen. He loves to sing the song "Hurry, hurry, drive the firetruck," and when he hears the sirens, he'll say, "Somebody, huut!" When I noticed that the fire station down the street was having an open house with "food and fun," I thought that we had better make plans to be there! A couple of days before the big open house, I happened to find a firefighter's helmet at the goodwill store (don't worry about headlice, it was brand new, still had the clear plastic on it). Of course, Hud wore it to the station. On the way, we were talking to the kids about what firemen do... put fires out and save people... do you want to be a fireman someday, Hud?.. "yep!!" Then Han pipes up and says, "I want to put fires IN when I grow up!" As you can see from the pics, we had lots of fun. Hopefully we have a few years to mold Han's future aspirations!

4 comments:

Meli n Pat said...

So, fire and water for Christmas gifts?!!!

Linda said...

Pretty hunky fireman if you ask me! The arson is a hunk, too!

Love
Grandma

Jana said...

Too funny! I think Hannah's job sounds more fun..I think I will join her! :)
aunt Jana

Linda said...

I think Hud will make a great fireman if that is what he wants to do. He is a super little guy that I can't wait to hug this week! Han is just too precious not to have her grandpa's hugs and kisses! (give her a few ahead of time for me).