My Cute Kids

My Cute Kids

Monday, May 01, 2006

It's a Monday...




The day started out with me waking up realizing that the 2 nights I worked this weekend, on top of the pot luck we hosted, and the cold I've been trying to fight off had finally caught up with me. Never fear though, because I have two lovely assistants who follow me around all day eager to "help" me with whatever I'm doing. I know, I know, you're all really jealous... a partial stay-at-home wife with two house helpers.
One of my helpers, Han, does actually turn out to be helpful on occasion. Take today for example, while I was washing up the breakfast dishes, she went into her room, picked out a shirt and a coordinating skirt and brought them into the kitchen. She then proceeded to take off her p.j.s, and get dressed, only requiring my assistance with getting the shirt over her head, and untwisting the waistband of her skirt after pulling it over her fully saturated diaper. Once she was dressed, she went her room to put her p.j.'s in the correct drawer, then she went to the laundry room to retrieve a few used Wal-Mart sacks. These sacks are used to carry around all the things she anticipates needing for the rest of the day (a little trick she learned from her Aunt Carly). Today they contained a ladybug costume, an easter basket, and her security blankets. It's amazing that just two years ago I had two helpless babies, relying on me for their every inkling. Now I just have one, and one almost ready for college. (At this point I'd like to give a shout out to my sweet friend, Emily, who just brought home twin girls from the hospital. She's learning how to be a mom on about 2 hours of sleep a night. Hang in there!! It gets so much better!!)
By late morning, a friend arrived to play for a couple of hours while his mom was away. Good picture of what it would have been like with triplets! I'ts amazing that none of them can pronunce very many words correctly, but they all understand each other. We had lunch, played in the rice tub (an indoor sand box) and then his mom came to get him.
By then, the three of us were ready for a good nap. Hud and Han indulged for over 3 hours!
Russ got home around eight, just in time to help with teeth brushing, Bible stories and prayers.

4 comments:

Meli n Pat said...

Well, sounds exciting! I can see that "goggle girl" is still alive, too! That is so funny! It's great to see/read what their little minds figure out day to day! I hope you feel better! We love you!

Jana said...

Wow! Han is a mommy-in-the-making! She's getting to be so self sufficient! I LOVE the goggles! What a hoot! Hope you feel better soon. If I could be there to help, I would! :)
love,
Aunt Jana

Seasonal Learner said...

I'm impressed by Han's readiness for whatever may happen in her sleep....Goggles?...Why didn't I think of that?

Adam P. Penner said...

L, here is a site that helps you put video on your blog. Its the roundabout way, but its free!
http://freevlog.org/tutorial/

hint: if you are puting a video from your digital camera on, you won't need to compress it since it will be fairly small in size.