My Cute Kids

My Cute Kids

Monday, January 18, 2010

Yummy Breakfast!!!

This morning I tried a new breakfast casserole recipe that was a hit!! It's one of those that you make the night before. It also has endless options. (to give credit, it's from this BLOG.)

"Make Ahead Breakfast Bake"

9 eggs
package of hash browns (rectangle, shredded, tator tots.... whatever you want)
1 can evaporated milk

Add ins of your choosing:
Girly- artichoke hearts, feta cheese, sundried tomatoes (I haven't tried this one yet, but doesn't it sound delish!)
Manly- 1 pound cooked crispy bacon or sausage and cheddar cheese

(I made the manly version today and also added hot green chilies. You could get creative with this one and do just about anything.)

Instructions:
1. Layer hash browns in 9x13 dish.
2. Whisk eggs and milk together and pour over hash browns.
3. Scatter add ins on top. (If your using cheddar, it says to put that on right before baking... I'm not sure if it would matter though.)
4. Cover and store in fridge overnight, or just send it right to the oven.
5. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes until eggs are set.

Enjoy!!!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Making the manly version for dinner right now,adding the chedder cheese and chiles. Thinking of making Barefoot Contessa's cinnamon rolls. They are easier than PW's. They are made with puff pastry dough.

Rachel said...

Super yummy and easy. I ended up dumping half the fridge in he dish...leftover parsley, leftover ham, half a leftover red pepper, and some green onions that would not have survived another day. Sounds gross, but it was delicious. The kids liked it too.