My Cute Kids

My Cute Kids

Friday, December 18, 2009

Cranberry Holiday Slush

I tore this recipe out of a cooking magazine probably 10 years ago and finally tried it at Thanksgiving. It is definitely our new holiday favorite!
I usually just make 1/2 the recipe, and whenever we want some punch, we take it out of the fridge, scoop some with an ice cream scoop into our cups and pour Sprite over it.

Now if I was Pioneer Woman, I would have a few pictures of the ingredients and how to dump them into a bowl. But I think you can manage without pics for this one!

Cranberry Holiday Slush
3 cans (8 oz each) jellied cranberry sauce (not the sauce with whole cranberries in it)
2 cans (12 oz each) frozen lemonade concentrate
1 can (12 oz) frozen cran-apple juice concentrate (they didn't have this at Wal-Mart, so I just bought apple juice concentrate)
4 cups water
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon allspice
2 (2 liters each) bottles of Sprite

Mix everything but the sprite, cover and freeze at least 8 hours or overnight. Remove from fridge 45 minutes before serving.
For serving, combine equal parts slush and Sprite.

2 comments:

Jana said...

sounds yummy! Can I try it even if the holidays are over, and there is no slush here, only 70 degree weather? teehee!

Rhonda said...

YUM!!

Lesli, I want to tell you that I LOVE Josh's picture in the AWAA 2010 calendar! That picture SO personifies him too! I love it! Was that in TN?

Well, here's wishing y'all a very blessed New YEar! We need to catch up soon! Have so much to chat about.

Love y'all!
Rhonda