My Cute Kids

My Cute Kids

Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Kindergarten....

The twins started Kindergarten on August 17th and we're all trying to get adjusted to that. This morning I thought it would be fun to interview them about it. Here's what they said:

Hudson:
1. What do you like best about Kindergarten: “having fun”

2. Who are your friends? “Thea and Camille” (he frequently just calls them his best friends because he doesn’t always remember their names)

3. What is your teacher like? “She’s big and she has glasses and she’s nice and she has pet mice.”

4. What do you like about your classroom? “the toys and the mice”

5. What do you not like about Kindergarten? “well… let me think… having to sit down”

6. What do you do at recess? “we like to play transformers and policemen and do dangerous stuff”

7. Do you like dance class? “yeh, the best part of dance is watching movies”

8. What do you do in drama? “well, we like to pretend we’re animals”

9. How about art, “yeh, I like art”

10 Tell me what you do in PE. “what’s PE?”

11. What do you do in music? “we dance and watch movies.”

12. Tell me about the award you get everyday, “I’m a super snoozer…means I rest and don’t move, well you can move a little bit."

(You heard right, folks! Not three weeks into his education and he is already winning awards! He gets this super-human talent from me and I got it from my dad. We come from a pedigree of incredible sleepers. Nice that someone in our family has finally been recognized and awarded for this ability! Where do I order my bumper sticker: “My child is a SUPER SNOOZER at B---ner Elementary!”)

Hannah:
1. What do you like best about Kindergarten? “I like best? What was Hudson’s answer? What I like best in Kindergarten is probably when my teacher gets out the toys and I get to play with My Little Ponies.”

2. Who are your friends? “I have, ok, what’s their names I prayed for? Ummm.. Corie and Savannah… and Latianna and Kenetta"

3. What’s your teacher like? “She is pretty and she has short hair and her hair kind of curls up like this and it’s straight and she’s a little fat, but mostly skinny, she’s just right, just like you Mamma.

4. What do you like about your classroom? “Hmmmm…. well my table. I get to sit with Savannah.”

5. What do you not like about Kindergarten? “I don’t like taking naps.”

6. What do you like to do at recess? “swing with my friends”

7. Tell me about dance “Dance is really fun. We get to learn sashays, curtsies, hip hop.”

8 Tell me about drama. “Drama’s really fun, we get to act like animals sometimes we get suckers.

9. Tell me about art. “We get to make stuff. First of all when we come in we have to sit at the carpet and learn stuff about art and then we sit at our chairs and, you know, make stuff."

10. What do you do in PE? “Well these few times we’ve been throwing balls at targets.”

11. What do you do in music? First of all we sing our hello song then we do music.”

12. Anything else you love? “I also love seeing my brother at playground time.”

3 comments:

Linda said...

That was great and funny and sweet. I especially like Han's des. about her teacher and what she loves best!

Julie said...

This is so cute, Les. IT will be fun to look back on as they grow. I'm glad they seem to be enjoying Kindergarten. :-)

Meli n Pat said...

Love it! So funny! Really loving your blog lately - you and Julie are one the same wave and it's exciting!