My Cute Kids

My Cute Kids

Sunday, June 01, 2008

Han Expresses Her Emotions

I keep waiting to put this on the blog because I was hoping to get a pic to add with it. Oh well, I hope something is better than nothing and will keep all you paying customers who read my blog happy (MOM!)

Han has had a favorite outfit this winter, and wants to wear it every day that it's clean. In my opinion it's not the cutest one she has, but the shirt sparkles a bit, and sparkles are huge in Han's mind of fashion. Also, the skirt is bouncy and I think she feels really grown up in it.

Anyway, the other day I was insisting she wear something other than this fav. outfit for a particular occasion ( I usually give in to her fashion sense even thought it doesn't always jive with mine).

She was very upset and said, "Mom, I haven't been getting my way very much lately, and I really feel like the life in my heart has been leaving me!"

Of course I felt horrible, because to her, I'm sure these kind of things are very important in her little life! I was impressed by her ability to verbalize her emotions..... but, wasn't emotionally swayed and stuck to my guns.

A few days later when she got to wear the outfit again she said, "Now I feel like the life in my heart is coming back."

4 comments:

Rachelle said...

I still read your blog! This made me laugh...it reminded me of a time that I got onto Blake, when he was about 3, and sent him to his room and he said, "This is the best of my life and it's not good".
Kids say the most honest things without even knowing what they are talking about! Very cute!!
I posted on my blog-come see me.

Linda said...

From you "paying customer": The check is in the mail!

This story reminds me of the outfit Jana had when she was three. It is a pleated skirt of an orange (rust) color and had a plaid matching sweater. It was a hand-me-down from somewhere and she loved it. I suppose because it, too, looked grown up. She was also pretty insistant about choosing her attire and at that time in her life, I could hardly get her into pants. All she wanted to wear were dresses and skirts. One Sunday morning I had picked out a full-length, pink dress with ruffles but she insisted she wanted to wear the rust colored skirt and sweater. I too decided not to give in and not to let her have her way - I thought! When we got to church and sent to help her out of the van I discovered she had put the rust colored skirt underneath the long pink dress! She didn't have any philosophical words of explanation, however.

It makes me wonder how many times she wore something different than I saw her wearing when she left the house! Just kidding, Jana! :)

Anonymous said...

Well, get a picture of her in it! Dah....

Paying Customer

Brett, Julz, and Emma said...

Hey there Les! I'm a faithful reader too!! :o) Han amazes me....the way she can articulate things and express herself!! The life inside her heart....WOW!! I sure love that girl!

My mom still has a green gingham dress that I insisted on wearing everyday when I was 2 or 3. As an adult (& mom), it's kinda fun to look at that dress every once in a while (even though it really wasn't so cute). If it continues to be a favorite of Hannah's, maybe you should save it for her one day! :o) Love you guys!!