The other night I had just put the kids to bed when I heard Han yell out to me, "MOM, when I get baptized, I want to do it with my shirt off!!!!
Me: "WHAT!!?!! Han, you can't get baptized with your shirt off, you have to wear clothes."
Han: "Well, Mom, look here at Jesus. Look what he's doing."
I went into her room and she is looking at the pictures in her children's Bible by the light of her night light. Sure enough, there he is waist deep in the Jordan with no shirt on.
Can't fault her for wanting to be like Jesus, but will make sure she is properly dressed when the time comes for her to be baptized!!
3 comments:
Keep those stories coming! They make my day!
This reminds me of a precious lady friend of mine who came to Jesus way into her adult life and then went on to be a preacher. She tells how her baptism was held in a swimming pool. In her complete innocence and having not been instructed as to what to wear, she showed up in a skimpy, leopard-skin bathing suit! The wise pastor, not wanting to embarrass her quickly arranged for a robe for her to wear. (I guess that hadn't been thought of in advance.) She never even knew how inappropriate she had been until she grew in the faith because the people had more love than critism!
Wow! She is too cute!! :o)
You have got to be making all this stuff up!!!How can one little girl come up with so many clever things to say?!!!
Reminds me of when Faith asked, "Mom, what is Jesus' favorite food?"
Post a Comment