My Cute Kids

My Cute Kids

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Our First Pets



Here's Han's fish "Princess Bubbles." Don't tell her "she's" a he!

Here's Hud's fish "Sir Knight."


I was thinking it was finally time to let the kids have a pet. At this point in our life, I thought a fish would the best option as they don't take too much training or effort. I mentioned it to Russ and he said, "Can we get a low maintenance fish?" As opposed to what?.... One that has to be let outside every three hours to poop in the yard?

Anyway, since we're not going for a filtered aquarium, the boy at the pet shop said that a Beta would be best. Betas however, don't like roommates unless it's one of the opposite sex, and we're not ready for those kind of questions around here... we already have enough hard ones to answer. So, in order for the kids to each have their own fish, we had to create two bowls (I just used some vases I already had). The kids spent their own money to buy a toy for their fish.
If you notice the kids are wearing their Bel Aire Rec Center Soccer shirts. We left straight from their soccer game to get the fish. Earlier that morning, Han had quite a cough and I mentioned that she might not be able to play in her game. Hud immediately said, "Don't worry about it Han, I'll get your snacks for you!!!" That's really what it's all about at this age... SNACKS!!! Oh, and for Han, it's a great place to meet people. She made a new friend on the other team during the game. She was just following her around on the court visiting with this little girl, both oblivious to the ball rolling past them.

1 comment:

Linda said...

This really cracks me up! When we heard about the beta fish we chuckled and tongue in cheek said, "Boy those are sure "high maintenance pets. Do you think they are up to it?" Then Jana and I were chuckling about it before I read this. Ha! Ha! Put I thought Han wanted a pony???