Like most 4-year-old boys, Hud is our resident dragon slayer, princess protector, Spiderman, Superman, knight... he loves to be the "tough guy" but can also be pretty sweet to his sister. I hear him say, "You're my best friend, Punkin," to her at least 15-20 times a day.
The other night was not one of his best in the chivalrous category though. I heard him pestering Han in her room. She was staying, "No, Hud!"... "Stop it, Hud."... "Stop it." This kept up as I was walking in to intervene. Before I got there, he had done something to make her cry. I pulled him aside and was down on his level in his face saying, "Hud, she kept telling you to stop. I heard her say 'Stop Hud, Stop Hud, Stop Hud.' Why didn't you stop?" He looked me straight in the eye, and as serious as he could be, said, "Tuz I was having too much fun."
There you have it... straight from the lips of a child... probably the root reason for most of our sin... we're having too much fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment