My Cute Kids

My Cute Kids

Monday, July 09, 2007

A 7/7/07 Wedding







We attend a church with the word "Community" in it. I'm proud to say that the body of believers we live life with really does "community" well. When I was on bed rest for 8 weeks before the twins were born, I lost count of how many times someone from church came to clean my toilets. And I think we got over 4 months of meals during that time as we transitioned into parenthood.... All that to say, it's been my turn for awhile to repay the body now that our lives are much more manageable.

This weekend I (along with a friend from my Bible study) was blessed to get to serve a couple by doing the flowers for their wedding.

Their story is really sweet, as they just "happened" to meet while working overseas for one of our affiliate companies. Both were working in separate highly restricted areas, and met at a general meeting for all the workers.

The ceremony was extremely special! One of the best... but the wedding as a whole was not without its major hiccups!! ...

Thursday when I went to Sam's to pick up the flowers, they did not have any of the flowers we wanted. This was despite the fact that we had been reassured multiple times that there was no need to special order, as they always have plenty of what we needed. Needless to say, I was scrambling, and ended up cutting a lot of greenery from neighbors and friends.

The day before the wedding, the bridesmaids dresses were nowhere to be found... the seamstress had disappeared! The bride had to make a "last minute run" to David's bridal to buy new dresses, and several ladies stayed up half the night to alter them. The next day, the original dresses arrived, FedEx'ed... the seamstress had gone on vacation and taken them with her to finish them.


Lastly, the wedding cake was delivered to the wrong country club, but was apparently located and tasted great!!


Good thing flowers, dresses and cake aren't really that important to a wedding when you're marrying the person God has for you!

(the pics are a few I shot after we finished. It was so much prettier with the candles lit, and all the wedding party in place!)


3 comments:

Rachel said...

oh, that sounds awful. I bet you were pretty stressed trying to pull the flowers together. I bet they turned out great!

Linda said...

So, 7-7-07 wasn't that lucky! Lucky they had great community to help out. Lesli, your talents amaze me!

Love
Mom

Jana said...

Way to go Les! You are so widely gifted! I also helped with a wedding that day...not quite the disaster though. I worked for 7 plus hours and was pretty exhausted at the end!!!