I've been wanting to proudly display some of my kids' artwork for awhile, but have put it off because it is so expensive to have them framed. Their playgroup teacher at the local school gave me the idea to buy frames at garage sales and spray paint them black. I'm pretty excited about the results! (I bought mat board at the local craft store and cut it myself). They look sooooo awesome in their bathroom and my living room!

Done by Hud at age 2.

Painted by Han (age 2).

Another piece by Han at 2 years old.
Of course the pictures don't do them justice. You have to view them up close to appreciate the artists' expressions, and understand the true message they were trying to evoke from their paintings. You're probably wanting one now, huh! We'll maybe you could commission these famous artists to do a piece for you. I'm warning you though, these fetch a pretty penny at auction!
5 comments:
I probably can't afford an original but maybe I can afford a print! These are great!!!
Bruce D4
True child prodigies!
Those are impressive!!!
Wow- that third one by Han is really stunning! Got some little artists on your hands. -Brandi
The funny thing is that there are some very similar looking pictures in the Crate and Barrel catalog!!!Rachel
Post a Comment