My Cute Kids

My Cute Kids

Friday, July 21, 2006

Week in Review


Well the week started after spending a long, hot weekend in our neighbor's garage. We had a Fri-Sat. garage sale, and did quite well... about $1,100. Most of the earnings were hers, but I made about 335.00 on baby clothes. New on Russ' list of things never to buy at a garage sale.... thong underwear!!! He was appalled after seeing a young woman leave with a handful of them. I must say they were pretty cute, and according to my neighbor, had only been worn once. Russ' argument to that... "that lady didn't know that!!" New on my list of things not to wear while gardening.... a floral skirt. Wednesday I was bending over picking some spent flowers from my daylilies when a bee mistook my bee-hind for a bouquet. Ouch!!! He also got me on the hand when I swatted him away. We've had a hot week, in the 110's with humidity, so the kids and I have pretty much stayed inside. Now Han is running a fever. Must be a virus or something. I was not responsible enough to put the children's Ibuprofen in a safe place before Hud managed to get the safety cap unscrewed and chug a good mouthful. So, needless to say, I made friends with poison control yesterday. They really are very friendly and quite helpful. We determined that he had definitely gotten more than the therapeutic dose, but not a toxic dose. PTL! I'm supposed to work tonight and tomorrow, so Russ can take over at the homefront. Good luck!! Maybe he can hunt down that crocadile while I'm away!

4 comments:

Meli n Pat said...

Yeah, we all have our pill-popping moment. I vaguely remember thinking that TUMS were candy once! OOPS!! Just getting my calcium!

Anonymous said...

Yuck, I cannot believe someone bought thong underwear...hope you didn't sell the Harley panties. Rachel

Anonymous said...

P.S. How in the world do you keep that carpet in the kitchen so CLEAN? Rachel

Anonymous said...

That is about the cutest picture ever. Thanks for sharing your adorable kids with us!